Key dates for Application for entry in September 2020
- Monday 20th January 2020. Y12 Taster Day. An exciting opportunity to spend a day with us to see what life in Spalding High School Sixth Form is like and to experience A Level lessons.
- Wednesday 26th February. Deadline for Sixth Form applications for entry in September 2020.
- Thursday 25th June. Sixth Form Induction Day. Meet your tutors and teachers and embark on your Sixth Form Journey.
Sixth form prospectus 2020-2021
Please click here to download a pdf copy of the prospectus for 2020 entry. Entry requirements are included in the prospectus, but are reprinted here for your convenience.
All students, both internal and external, must apply for a place in the Sixth Form at Spalding High School. For the forthcoming cohort, ALL applications must be received by the deadline of Wednesday 26th Feb 2020.
Spalding High School admits both girls from Spalding High School, and girls and boys from other schools into the sixth form.
Students must fulfil the following requirements:-
Achieve at least a Grade 4 in Mathematics and either English Language or English Literature in addition to 4 further GCSEs at Grade 9-4.
Achieve at least a GCSE Grade 6 in the THREE subjects they wish to study at A level. For exceptions to this please see the sixth form prospectus.
In the case of new subjects (not studied at GCSE) students will need to achieve at least a GCSE Grade 5 in English Language or English Literature.
Subjects that can be studied on achievement of the entry requirements listed above:
Business, Classical Civilisation, Criminology, Drama & Theatre Studies, DT: Product Design, DT: Fashion & Textiles, English Language, Level 3 Diploma in Food Science & Nutrition, Geography, History, BTEC Extended Certificate in Information Technology, Law, Religious Studies, Sociology
German, Latin and Spanish can only be chosen if studied previously.
As a community school, we follow the LEA'S policy on oversubscription.
In accordance with the 1996 Education Act the allocation of school places for children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan will take place first. Remaining places will be allocated in accordance with the policy.
The oversubscription criteria are listed in the order we apply them. Words marked with a number, for example 1, 2 and 3 are explainded separately in the definition and notes section of our Whole School Admissions Policy available on the School website. This policy also has information on appeals, fraudulent or misleading applications, children of UK service personnel and admission of children outside their normal age group.
If there are more applicants than places available then applicants will be offered places in the following order:
* The child is in the care of the local authority or had previously been in care (1).
* The grade achieved in the relevant subject or subjects, or for those subjects not available at GCSE, a relevant subject specified in the School's sixth form brochure. The applicant with the higher grade will have priority.
* The average points score achieved across all GCSE subjects taken by the applicant. The applicant with the higher score will have priority.
* Driving distance (2) from home to school, with the applicant living nearer to the school having priority. This would be the tie-breaker if necessary; in the event of a tie on distance the school can offer extra place(s).
The Headmistress will consider all applications carefully and reserves the right to apply professional judgement to individual cases where students may fall short of a subject specific entry requirement.
If you are interested in applying for admission to Spalding High School Sixth form starting in September 2019, please contact Mrs H French (Timetable Coordinator) email email@example.com or Mrs J Knight (School Administrator): email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Form Word format ( Please save the form, complete and email to Mrs French)
Application Form .pdf format (Please print, complete and post to school)
Some students may eligible for additional funding to support them with their studies. Please click here for further information.