WELCOME TO MUSIC AT SHS!
Our main aim is to provide musical activities and experiences of the highest standard that are inclusive to all students and from which they can all benefit and learn.
The department is housed in a purpose built Performing Arts block, with two generous-sized class rooms.
A focus on developing then building upon the vocal skills and experiences of the students. The emphasis is on encouraging and enthusing students to collaborate practically to create a piece of music based on a classic song and also spend time performing as a whole class.
• Find Your Voice! - A practical and hands-on approach to vocal harmony work and the use of technology and recording techniques.
• The Groove project! - Learning the process of creating a large group composition.
• Chair Drumming! - Creating exciting rhythms together with the aid of just a chair and a pair of drum sticks!
• Composing atmospheric music! - An opportunity to create atmospheric music collaboratively to match a picture.
• Band Instrumental Work! - Learning to play keyboard, guitar, bass guitar, drums, and then re-creating a classic pop song.
• Classroom workshopping! - Learning how to play the 12-Bar Blues together and creating melodies and improvisations.
- Film Music - Composing music to accompany a short annimated film!
• Year 9
• In At The Deep End! - Re-creating your own version of one of your favourite songs.
• Aural Learning! - Analysing and learning how to play the different elements from a classic pop song.
• Composing! - Writing your own pop song.